- Someone will blame the killings on their favorite hobby horse.
- Someone from the NRA will say something stupid.
- Some politician will say something stupid.
- People will try to parse the murderer's views so they can lay the murders at the feet of their political opponents.
- Gun control proponents will demand a "conversation" to seize the moment while public hysteria is still high ("never let a crisis go to waste") and propose "common sense" legislation that doesn't actively address the particulars of the recent shooting.
- Such bills will stall in the legislature, fought to ground by vociferous and real opposition.
Saturday, June 20, 2015
Mad Man, Mad Libs
Things we can safely predict the form of, but not the content, after a mass shooting tragedy.